Wednesday, June 11, 2014

The Versatile Usage of Lockers

 Lockers, Lockers Everywhere, But Not a Lock to Clink...

For many people, hearing the word "locker" brings up memories of high school, middle school, traumatically being shoved into lockers (if you were more of a Battlestar Galactica fan) ---- or, triumphantly shoving said nerd into lockers (if you were more of a steroid-experimenting football fan). However, one thought that many overlook when thinking about lockers is...home decor/storage. 

Lockers can be used in many different ways around the house and serve as an efficient, affordable, and attractive way to store everything from your kid's cornucopia of Frozen memorabilia to that unsightly, knee deep pile of unread mail gathering dust in your entryway.

Children's Bedroom

Painting the lockers different colors is a fun way to create a vibrant look. Or, they can be painted more subtle colors in order to match the furniture.

An ultimate storage option for a sports fan. A favorite team's logo is a great addition.













Even the seemingly masculine lockers have the ability to look cute in little Gertrude's room.










 

 

 

 

 

  

 

 

 

 

 

Garage Storage

Because we all know everyone's garage looks like a hoarder's Utopia.




Yes folks, that photo is not altered in any way. That is a real person's garage. It IS POSSIBLE for a garage to be organized. I didn't know it was achievable, either.
 











A great way to store children's games, toys, sporting goods. Think of all the money you'll save on hospital bills by not stepping on that rogue soccer/foot/basket/tennis ball and breaking your ankle.









 

 

 

Around the House





Oprah would be a fan.

Perfect storage option for all the Us Weeklys...I mean books..you read.

















Those are just a few options of the many, many choices one has when using lockers for storage in their home, office, shop, bar, etc. I recommend giving this look a try. If you're in the Phoenix metropolitan area, Zinnias at Melrose on Indian School Road currently has a large stock of them for you to do with what you will! Fret not, Battlestar Galactica fan, high school is in the past.

https://www.facebook.com/ZinniasAtMelrosePHX
(602) 264-4166


3 comments:

  1. Well I don't really know what Galactica is but I must say pokemon was my choice of nerd play. Also I don't remember getting shoved in a locker it was more like getting tripped down the hallway or being called names every time I was the first to raise my hand when the teacher asked a question. As for the lockers I may have to check it out, I can finally live life like the steroid using Football player and have one place to set my pencil dividers, my overalls and my stylish glasses without ever losing them! thank you for the headsup! I need to make a trip to Zinnias at Melrose asap! "Live Long and Prosper' =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really Love the photos that you have provided, I remember kissing the love of my life against a locker much like the ones in the second photo. Everyday just after second period I would find him putting his math book away and I would slowly sneak up behind him and kiss him on the neck. He would flinch and realize it was me and we would kiss in front of everyone, I never cared who was watching, I knew he was the one. I knew he would be the father of my kids and the man of my dreams. Sixty years later and I couldn't be more thankful that I shared a life with someone amazing. My husband past away earlier this year and your blog has made me smile. I thank you very much, I will be stopping by with my daughter to see if you have what I need to remember my prince charming. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow that was a wonderful and endearing story, it made my day, thank you for sharing! I am so pleased the post made you smile! We look forward to seeing you at Zinnias:)

      Delete